A horseshoe lake with 500 yards of bank and situated in beautiful parkland surroundings.
Located just 5 miles south of Guildford on the A281.
Season: 1st April to 31st October
Name of Fishery: Birtley Lake
Trout Fishing Available: Yes
Location: Birtley House, Bramley, Guildford, Surrey, GU5 0LB (5 miles south of Guildford on the A281)
Water Type: Still water
Description: A horseshoe lake with 500 yards of bank and situated in beautiful parkland surroundings, with toilet facilities available. Mainly brown trout with some rainbows.
Season Dates: 1st April to 31st October
Ticket Types and Prices/Membership Details:
Day – £55 (4 fish limit)
Half-day – £40 (2 fish limit)
C&R – 10% discount (April and May only with-in paid limits of number of fish)
Season: £750 (1 day per week = 30 weeks, 4 fish limit per week and guest days)
Half Season: rods (1st April – 30th June = 15 weeks) available for £400
Additional Information: 4 rod limit per day
Ask about discount 3- 4 rods per day
Contact Name: Simon Whalley
Address: Birtley House, Bramley, GU5 0LB
RULES AND RATES FOR SEASON1st April to 31st October
- The Lake is stocked mainly with Brown Trout with some rainbows. Depending on catch rates we will stock further fish during the season (mainly rainbow in the warmer weather as they are more resistant to temperature shock).
- Day ticket and season ticket holders will be limited to 4 rods fishing except for Group Bookings.
- The fishery will be open from 1st April to 31st October inclusive.
- In April and May fishers may fish catch and release at 10% discount but must use barbless hooks and soft nets – which will reduce the risk of disease transfer and disgorgers.
- Children under 12 may fish free (with a 2 fish limit) when accompanied by a paying adult (1 child per paying rod) at any time and would normally be additional to the 4-rod limit.
- The day ticket rate will be £55 with a maximum of 4 fish. The season rate (one day per week during the season (30 weeks) with a 4 fish limit per week) will be £750. The season ticket will allow holders to bring a guest rod on 2 occasions free (4 fish limit for guests) and book day-tickets for guests at a 25% discount. ‘Half-season rods’ may be available by prior arrangement.
- C&R is available at 10% discount in April and May only, but catches are still limited to the 4 or 2 fish count. Discounts may be available for bookings of 3 or 4 rods per day.
- Payment for day tickets must be made in advance via the website or by telephone or email. A photocopy of the appropriate fishing licence must be supplied on the first day of the season.
- Day ticket holders may fish between 8am and 8pm (8am – 2pm or 2pm – 8pm for half day tickets). Season ticket holders may fish between 7am and 10pm or half hour after sunset, whichever is the earlier.
- If more than 50% of the Lake becomes unfishable due to weed growth in very hot weather, fishing will be suspended and 1/30th of the season ticket holders’ fee will be refunded for each week that it is closed, by way of a voucher for day tickets redeemable at any time in the current or following season.
- Fishing will only be permitted in accordance with the Rules of the Fishery which will be available from the Reception Office at Birtley House. Anyone found fishing in breach of the Rules will be asked to stop fishing immediately and may be asked for a financial guarantee before returning to the water.
- All fish returned must be weighed. Please send email with full details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask at the Reception Office for information on facilities.